How to Easily Access to Expertise?
The Pathway to Expertise
Confront a fast, complex and networked world
Companies have to face new realities to find the appropriate information.
In this new context searching for expertise isn’t an easy task and keeping informed of the research ecosystem and the scientific and technological environment surrounding an innovative organization is becoming confusing. Without strategies and supporting tools this process can lead to infructuous searches and costly actions.
The Pathway to Expertise: An equipped approach
To stay competitive, companies have to capitalize on their collective intelligence by creating a knowledge capital. Being able to access the right information at the right time concede strategic advantages.
In practice companies realize that there is no “pure” internal or external learning. They are interdependent and complementary* and circulate through the firm. Consequently, to facilitate their management and sourcing companies adopt new tools.
Step 1: Internal Sourcing
Step 2: External Sourcing
Thanks to a cross border and intelligent searching tool (mapping out collaborative networks, scientific and technical experts) the company will capture, in seconds, a complete and updated overview of the global expertise on a specific topic.
All the new knowledge acquired is integrated into the Company knowledge base, making it available for other employees and avoiding making the same search twice.
- - It allows for choices based on fact and more confident decision making.
- - It reduces the margin of error.
- - It gives access to the best worldwide expertise.
- - It doesn’t generate additional costs.
- - It offers a direct and on time access to the required information.
- - It creates a learning loop permitting the integration of the new information into the knowledge base making it available for other employees.
Discover Best Pratices to accelerate your innovation processes and manage your access to expertise by DOWNLOADING the Full version of our White Paper!
*Bierly and Chakrabarti, 1996